|Technical Committee meeting 28th – 30th January 2011 Stockholm / Sweden
All of the Technical Committee members took part at the annual TC meeting in Stockholm:
- Yuki Koshimura (AMF / Japan)
- Jon Stanwyck (AMSA / USA)
- Günter Schwarz (EMF / Germany)
- Pasi Aho (WMF Youth Officer / Finland)
- Jan Strandberg (elected TC member / Sweden)
- Dr. Gerhard Zimmermann (WMF Sport Director / Germany)
The meeting was locally arranged by Jan Strandberg in a perfect way and WMF Sport Director chaired the meeting, which had a long and varied agenda. A summary of the meeting follows:
- The test period for the project “team fouls” at Nations Cups and European Cup is finished. TC decided not to integrate team fouls in the invitations for the regarding championships 2011.
- At World Championships 2011, Youth European Championships 2011 and Senior European Championships 2011 the participants will go for following titles of each category concerned:
Team Champion (day 1 + 2)
Individual Champion Strokeplay (day 1-3)
All participants will play two additional rounds on day three followed by a ‘super final’ of the best nine female and 15 male participants
Individual Champion Matchplay (day 4)
Further details will be published in the official invitations (end of February 2011).
This also will lead to a new point system for the WMF World Ranking List, which was agreed by TC.
- During the weekend the status of preparation for the World Championships 2011 in Stockholm was discussed.
- The first World Adventuregolf Masters will take place at 13./14.May 2011 in Hastings / UK. The basic conditions are agreed with BMGA as the organizer. The official invitation will follow soon.
- To improve the quality of existing databases regarding right spelling, the files of signed WADA rights and World Ranking Lists will be cross checked. The national federations will be asked for final check.
- The penalty system for wrong scorekeeping was updated in the WMF rule book.
- New details or alternative obstacles for five Miniaturegolf lanes have been decided as a motion to the DC 2011.
- A revision of the total system-specific rules for Feltgolf was worked out in accordance with Swedish and Finnish experts and will be sent by motion to Delegates Conference for final decision.
- With experience from Asian Open Championships 2010 in Kunming some minor adjustments are foreseen for system-specific rules for MOS.
- Further the TC handled the upgrade of homologation rules for courses, the approval procedure of tournament courses and the rules for international player transfer.
- The minutes are expected during February 2011.
Author: Dr.Gerhard Zimmermann / Sport Director WMF